Skip to main content

Fixing Customization Errors Using Customization Maintenance Utility

I got the below question from one of Epicor developer:

I was working to customize one of Epicor form and I have added a custom code in Form Load event and I saved the customization without testing the code and I closed the form then I tried to open the form with my customization but I got an error message and the forms disappeared when I clicked on the Ok button in the error message. Could you please help me to solve this issue?

Here it’s the solution:
You can use the Customization Maintenance Utility to fix any bugs in your custom code and in the controls properties as well and the below are the steps:

1.    Open the Customization Maintenance Utility from System Managements => Utilities.
2.    Once opened click on the name button to search for your customization.
3.    Search for your customization using the search form and click on Ok button or double-clicks on the name of your customization.
4.    Your customization data will populate to the Customization Maintenance.
5.    Click on Compile/scripts Errors tab.
6.    You will see the errors in your code in the grid.
7.    To solve these error click on the “Selected Issue Helper” button.
8.    The customization Data form will appear. Click on “Custom Code” tab and you will get your custom code.
9.    Check your codes and fix the errors and then press on “Save Data” button.

10.  Make sure that there are no errors in the errors grid.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Epicor 9 ToolBars

Like any other application, Epicor has list of toolbars and it uses the Infragistics controls and you can modify these toolbars in your code by adding new tools or change the properties for the existing toolbars and Tools.

How to Use the Business Activity Query Export Process

Business Activity Query Export Process let you export the BAQ data in XML or CSV format. You can export the BAQ data manually and you can schedule it to run automatically (Daily, Weekly, ,Monthly,Once,startup..etc) and you can configure this in the “system agent maintenance” and I will explain this later in this article.